I was invited by Ford Canada to attend the 2015 Ford North American International Auto Show (NAIAS) Digital Summit. It’s an Exclusive VIP Event where the Digital Influencers from around the world get to meet together and cover one of the largest North American Auto Shows in Detroit. I was among the lucky 21 Canadian Digital Influencers representing Canada, while the rest came from United States and around the world internationally.
It’s a 3-day Media Trip Event. A few days ago, I showed the summary of my Ford NAIAS Day-1 Itinerary, today, I will show you my Ford NAIAS Day-2 Itinerary. Day 2 of the Ford NAIAS included an exclusive bus ride to the famous Joe Louis Arena, which is home of the storied of the NHL franchise, Detroit Red Wings. Ford has its own big space to launch their products at the Detroit NAIAS. That’s how important and much respect Ford has to the Detroit NAIAS.
Day 2 – Ford NAIAS Media Trip
1) Woke up nice and early from a good night sleep at the Westin Hotel, located & connected straight to the Detroit Airport. Must be the comfy bed and sheets that made the sleep so great!
2) Got dressed and took my Ford NAIAS name tag and the 2015 Official Detroit NAIAS Media Credential with me.
3) Met up with the rest of the Ford Digital Influencers for a buffet breakfast that was provided by Ford. There was even a “Made-to-order Omelette” Station! Awesome!
4) Hop on the tour bus provided by Ford and go straight to the Joe Louis Arena for the Ford Press Conference. Joe Louis Arena is located beside the famous Cobo Centre, where the Detroit NAIAS are held. Inside the Joe Louis Arena, this was where Ford had the entire space for them to showcase their all-new products in front of the media and digital influencers included myself.
5) Ford first unveiled the all-new 2017 Ford F-150 Raptor pickup.
6) Then, Ford unveiled the 2016 Ford Shelby GT 350R high-performance sports car.
7) And the third Ford vehicle that was unveiled in front of my eyes was the super car, Ford GT, a twin-turbo, mid-engine, 3.5L Ecoboost V6 that pumps out about 600 hp! These are amazing numbers and engineering designs!
8) After the Ford Press Conference was over, we were invited to walk on the stage to have an upclose & personal look at the 3 new products that Ford just unveiled.
9) I took pictures and videos of the 3 hot rides and watched them slowly driven off the stage so that the drivers could get the vehicles back to the Ford display at the Detroit Auto Show.
10) I walked through the indoor path that led me from the Joe Louis Arena and into the Cobo Centre where I was headed to the Ford Auto Show “Headquarter” called the “Blue Oval. The Blue Oval was huge, food and beverages were served for us. Portable smart phones charger were available for busy and active digital influencers like myself to charge my smart phones so that I can communicate and share pictures and videos with my followers and audiences.
11) There were lots to do at the Ford Blue Oval. Peeps can visit the Innovation Park that Ford built at the centre of the Blue Oval area, it was built with trees, plants, grass and flowers to make it a very “green environment” for people to relax. Very thoughtful & design by Ford as they want to remind us that Ford takes the environment seriously and will do whatever it takes to reduce fuel emmisions and pollutants on our planet.
12) I stood near the 3 Ford stages as the 3 all-new products, Ford GT, Shelby GT 350R & F-150 Raptor were driven from the Joe Louis Arena and they need to put on the stages at the Ford Display.
12) Lots of InterActive Seminars and Q & A Panels for Ford Executives and the media to interact and discuss topics from the environment, innovative mobility in the world, interaction between President & CEO, Mark Fields with the University Students, the importance of Generation Z for the automotive industry, and much much more.
13) I took the tour bus back to my hotel so that I could refresh, relax and recharge and all dressed up for the special evening. The special event was held back at the Cobo Centre, where the Ford Blue Oval was transformed into DJ music and dinner. Bascially, having an event right at the Detroit NAIAS.
14) Executives from Xbox was on hand to announce its collaboration of designing a video game that is specifically cater to the all-new Ford GT Super car. They talked about the importance of the Automotive Industry with the Gaming Industry and how automotive enthusiasts & gamers were connected hand-in-hand.
15) Took the tour bus back to the hotel. And that means more Tweeting, Instagramming and Facebooking at the hotel.
16) Sleeping time.
End of Day 2 of my MoVernie Ford NAIAS Media Trip.